Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
October 28, 2011
- Excessive alcohol consumption cost the United States $223.5 billion in 2006, or about $1.90 per drink, mostly due to binge drinking.
- About 15% of U.S. adults report binge drinking; see how your state or community compares.
- There are many evidence-based interventions that communities can use to prevent excessive drinking.
October 21, 2011
- Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years.
- Schools can help students adopt healthy behaviors that are key to preventing obesity by implementing CDC's new school health guidelines.
- Presentation materials are available to help you promote and implement healthy eating and physical activity policies and practices for students.
October 14, 2011
- 50 million U.S. adults have doctor-diagnosed arthritis and nearly two-thirds of them are under age 65.
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States.
- Low–cost self management education and physical activity programs led by trained instructors are available in communities across the country to help people gain control of their arthritis.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: October 17, 2016
- Content source: