Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
October 20, 2017
- Each year, at least 1.7 million people in the United States are diagnosed with sepsis, a life-threatening response to infection.
- Time matters—delayed recognition and treatment of sepsis could lead to death.
- Healthcare professionals can Get Ahead of Sepsis through early recognition, timely treatment, reassessment of antibiotic needs, and prevention of infections that could lead to sepsis.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: October 20, 2017
- Page last updated: October 20, 2017
- Content source: