Social Media Activities
Social Media: At the Conference and Beyond
Tues., Aug. 28, 12:30pm-1:30pm
Executive Room (Lobby Level, West Promenade)
This is a special networking session for social media novices and experts alike. The National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) will present on how to create better social media content followed by a Q&A session and open discussion.
Pick My Poster Contest
Congratulations to the winners of the contest!
It’s easy to enter. All you have to do is 1) Take a picture in front of your poster and 2) Tweet it along with #PickMyPoster and #STDConf18 on the day of your poster session.
The person or group who receives the most retweets and likes will win breakfast with CDC’s STD Director, Dr. Gail Bolan, on the last morning of the conference AND a giant STD microbe. Because posters are embargoed until the morning of your assigned poster session – a winner will be chosen for both Tuesday and Wednesday. An official count will occur each day at 6 pm. Winners will be announced from the @CDCSTD Twitter page on Wednesday evening between the Poster Grand Rounds and networking event.
2018 STD Prevention Conference Social Media Rundown [PDF] – Tips on how to make the most of your conference experience, whether it’s your own social media profile or on behalf of your organization.
Including tips such as:
Stop by the Social Media Room!
Executive Room, Lobby Level, West Promenade – You can use the photo booth, ask onsite staff questions about social media generally, or ask them about onsite social media opportunities during the conference specifically.
Follow the National Coalition of STD Directors (@NCSDDC) on Facebook to share live video of the opening plenary and other sessions of interest with your followers! You’ll be notified when they begin streaming, and from there, you can comment, react, and SHARE the video on your page.
Use #STDConf18 in your social media messages.
Click for full size (1200px wide).
Click for full size (1024px wide).
Sample Social Media Messages
- We’re pumped for #STDConf18 and ready to get down to #STD prevention business. How about you? https://go.usa.gov/xUvn7
- #STDConf18 is almost here! Check out the daily agenda to help create your itinerary: https://go.usa.gov/xUvns.
- What’s happening around the STD Conference? Follow #STDConf18 and find out! More info: https://go.usa.gov/xUvn6.
- DYK? You can earn continuing education hours by attending #STDConf18. Learn more: https://go.usa.gov/xUvnF.
- #STDConf18 Attendees: Join us 8/28 and learn how to create great social media content followed by a Q&A session. More: https://go.usa.gov/xUvQ2.
- #STDConf18 Attendees: What? Have breakfast with @CDCSTD’s Dr. Gail Bolan AND take home a giant #STD microbe. How? Win the NEW Poster Tagging Contest. Details: https://go.usa.gov/xUvnJ
- Check out these great ways to engage on social media during #STDConf18: https://go.usa.gov/xUvQq
- Page last reviewed: August 8, 2018
- Page last updated: August 8, 2018
- Content source: