Sample Social Media - #TalkTestTreat
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can help amplify STD prevention messages during STD Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STDWeek and #TalkTestTreat hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STD Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Share messages with Talk. Test. Treat. campaign graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
Encourage STD Testing
Customize Messages for Local STD Testing
These messages can be customized with specific STD care information that your organization is offering. In addition to traditional, in-person visits, some other services to promote include video or phone appointments, STD express visits, pharmacies or retail health clinics for STD testing and treatment, and at-home collection kits. Accompanying graphics are available for Talk. Test. Treat. to supplement these messages.
- DYK? You can still get tested for #STDs during a pandemic! [Organization] offers the following STD testing services: [details/link]. #STDWeek #TalkTestTreat
- #STDs are at an all-time high and prevention is critical – during COVID-19 and beyond. The good news: there are many ways to get STD care! [Organization] is providing STD testing through [testing details]. [Contact information/URL]
- For more than [#] years, [organization] has worked to provide #STD testing and treatment. During the #COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to do so by encouraging people to know their testing options. #TalkTestTreat in [State/County/City]: [details/link].
- In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number, based on SR] cases of #chlamydia, #gonorrhea, and #syphilis. For #STDWeek, know your testing options! [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. [Contact information/organization URL] #TalkTestTreat