Sample Social Media - #SyphilisStrikesBack
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help amplify STD prevention messages during STD Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STDWeek and #SyphilisStrikesBack hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STD Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Share messages with Syphilis Strikes Back campaign graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
Spread Awareness About STD Awareness Week and Syphilis
- Here’s a striking fact for STD Awareness Week: Once nearing elimination, syphilis has made a comeback. Learn more about the resurgence of syphilis and what you can do to combat it: https://go.usa.gov/xsyH5 #SyphilisStrikesBack #STDWeek
Customize Messages for Local STD Testing
These messages can be customized with specific STD care information that your organization is offering. In addition to traditional, in-person visits, some other services to promote include video or phone appointments, STD express visits, pharmacies or retail health clinics for STD testing and treatment, and at-home collection kits.
- In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number] cases of babies born with syphilis. One way to stop syphilis: know your testing options for #STDWeek! [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. #SyphilisStrikesBack