Sample Social Media – #GYT
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help amplify STD prevention messages during STD Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STDWeek and #GYT hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STD Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Share messages with GYT campaign graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
Spread Awareness about STD Awareness Week
Encourage STD Testing
Customize Messages for Local STD Testing
These messages can be customized with specific STD care information that your organization is offering. In addition to traditional, in-person visits, some other services to promote include video or phone appointments, express visits, pharmacies or retail health clinics for testing and treatment, and at-home collection kits.
- DYK? Youth aged 15-24 made up a majority of #chlamydia cases and nearly half of #gonorrhea cases in 2019. [Organization] is offering STD testing at [testing strategy, dates, location]. #GYT for #STDWeek! [Contact information/organization URL]
- In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number] cases of #chlamydia, #gonorrhea, and #syphilis. For #STDWeek, #GYT & know your testing options. [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. [Contact information/organization URL]