Sample Social Media – #GYT
These social media messages for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help amplify STD prevention messages during STD Awareness Week. Select messages that align with your audiences and goals. Additional suggestions to keep in mind:
- Use #STDWeek and #GYT hashtags on Twitter and Instagram during STD Awareness Week to join the conversation and share information, pictures and videos.
- Customize messages with local testing options. Incorporate local hashtags that may help your messages reach your target audience.
- Share messages with GYT campaign graphics or your own images, GIFs, and videos.
- Follow and tag @CDCSTD on Twitter and CDC STD on Facebook.
Spread Awareness about STD Awareness Week
Encourage STD Testing
Customize Messages for Local STD Testing
These messages can be customized with specific STD care information that your organization is offering. In addition to traditional, in-person visits, some other services to promote include video or phone appointments, STD express visits, pharmacies or retail health clinics for STD testing and treatment, and at-home collection kits.
- DYK? Almost half of new STDs in 2018 were among youth aged 15-24 in the U.S. [Organization] is offering STD testing at [testing strategy, dates, location]. #GYT for #STDWeek! [Contact information/organization URL]
- In [insert year], [organization’s state/county/city] had [number] of cases of #chlamydia, #gonorrhea, and #syphilis. For #STDWeek, #GYT & know your testing options. [Organization] is offering [testing strategy, dates, location]. [Contact information/organization URL]
Reach Spanish-Speaking Audiences
- LA MITAD de los casos nuevos de #ETS corresponden a personas menores de 25 años. No juegues con tu salud, hazte la prueba de ETS: https://go.usa.gov/xsysn #GYT #STDWeek