STD Awareness Month - Resources
April is STD Awareness Month - STD Prevention is HIV Prevention
CDC has many resources to help individuals and health care providers learn more about STDs and HIV, as well as materials that can be shared with loved ones, patients, or community members.
- Prevention – STDs and HIV can be prevented. Learn how you can prevent both.
- HIV Prevention – Newer options for HIV prevention are available. Find out more on CDC’s Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention’s HIV Prevention Fact Sheet.
- STD Fact Sheets –Our disease-specific fact sheets have been rewritten to make them easier to understand. They provide information about STDs, STD prevention, and STD treatment and are available in both English and Spanish.
- The Facts – Plain language STD brochures are available for download in both English and Spanish.
- STI Screening as HIV Prevention Podcast — This video features commentary about the link between STDs and HIV from Gail Bolan, MD, Division Director of CDC’s Division of STD Prevention.
- National HIV and STD Testing Resources - Knowing your STD and HIV status is a critical step in stopping the spread of both. Use this STD and HIV testing locator to find a nearby free or low-cost STD/HIV testing facility.
- Guide to Taking a Sexual History [PDF - 219KB] – Behaviors that put people at risk for STDs also put them at risk for HIV; this booklet can assist providers in starting an open conversation with their patients and can provide them with an opportunity for risk-reduction counseling.
- STD Treatment Guidelines and Updates - Many STDs are treatable and most can be cured. These recommendations include guidance on treatment, screening and updates on drug resistance and drug availability.
- HIV Testing & Screening – Health care providers can refer to the documents on this web page for HIV screening and testing guidance.
- STD Treatment Guidelines App – An easy-to-use mobile reference to help health care providers identify and treat patients for STDs. It’s available for Apple and Android devices, and it’s free!
- Webinars – The STD Prevention and Science Series has a number of engaging and informative webinars available that cover the latest research in the fields of STD and HIV.
- Page last reviewed: March 17, 2014
- Page last updated: March 19, 2014
- Content source: