GYT: Get Yourself Tested
GYT: Get Yourself Tested is a campaign encouraging young people to get tested and treated for STDs and HIV to protect their health and that of their partners. STDs affect people of all ages, yet these diseases take a particularly heavy toll on young people.
The GYT campaign highlights the idea that preventing, testing for, and treating STDs is very straightforward. The campaign offers streamlined materials to help focus efforts on STD awareness, prevention, testing, and treatment among young people.
STD Prevention Partners: Click on the Know the Facts or How to GYT box below to view a page filled with messages and helpful links that you can customize for your target audience. From the Campaign Materials box, you can access the complete suite of materials developed specifically for the campaign, including sample social media, graphics sized for social media and the web, a customizable article, and a widget.
- There were more than 2 million diagnosed cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
- There were 200,000 more cases of these STDs than the previous record set in 2016.
- Diagnoses of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis all increased sharply for the fourth year in a row.
- Syphilis cases nearly doubled.
- Gonorrhea cases increased by 67%.
- Chlamydia remained at record highs.
- Congenital syphilis cases more than doubled.