STD Awareness Month Archive
STD Prevention. HIV Prevention
Make a Difference
Focus on Youth – Resources for Health Care Providers
- Encouraging Physicians to Reach YouthExternal – blog post by Dr. Gail Bolan, Director of CDC’s Division of STD Prevention (April 17, 2012)
- STD Awareness: Reaching Youth – Podcast with Dr. Gail Bolan (April 16, 2012)
- MTV Audience Encouraged to “GYT” – CDC Press Release (April 11, 2012)
- GYT: Get Yourself TestedExternal – National campaign to inform young people about STDs and promote testing and treatment.
- National HIV and STD Testing Resources – Easy-to-use ZIP-code based resource to locate STD testing sites throughout the U.S.
- CDC Radio PSA for Native American outreach, supporting GYT
- Dear Colleague Letter STD Awareness Month 2011Cdc-pdf – summarizes CDC activities and resources. (March 18, 2011)
- CDC Radio Public Service Announcements
- STD Awareness Month Dear Colleague LetterCdc-pdf
- Chlamydia and Women – This podcast focuses on chlamydia, its severe health consequences for women if left untreated, and the importance of annual chlamydia screening.
Page last reviewed: February 6, 2018