Disease Intervention Training Center (DITC) NOFO Guidance
This page provides links to general information about PS20-2003, as well as tools and information to assist applicants with the NOFO application process.
Check this page frequently as additional materials will be posted during the application period.
The information webinar for the NOFO was conducted on October 2, 2019.
Excel Template – Save this file as “[Organizational Name]_PS20-2003_DITC_NOFO_Workplan_yy-mm-dd” (Note: you will see a warning message reminding you that if you change the format of the document, you may lose some of the functionality. Click “Ok” and save the file in your preferred location.). This is an Excel template for the 1-year and 5 year work plans that are required as part of the application to PS20-2003 DITC.
CDC-RFA-PS19-1901: Strengthening STD Prevention & Control for Health Departments
CDC-RFA-PS18-1802: Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Programs for Health Departments
CDC-RFA-PS14-1408: STD/HIV Disease Intervention Services Training Centers (DISTC)
National Disease Intervention Specialist Certification Project-Final Report to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Executive Summary, Prepared by the Public Health Accreditation Board, June 2017: http://www.ncsddc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/PHAB-FinalExec-Summary_Web-1.pdfpdf iconexternal icon
Disease Intervention Specialist Education for the Future: An Analysis of Public Health Curricula, published in Public Health Reports 2018, Vol. 133(6) p738-7482
- National Disease Intervention Specialist Certification Project-Final Report to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Executive Summary, Prepared by the Public Health Accreditation Board, June 2017: http://www.ncsddc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/PHAB-FinalExec-Summary_Web-1.pdfpdf iconexternal icon
- Disease Intervention Specialist Education for the Future: An Analysis of Public Health Curricula, published in Public Health Reports 2018, Vol. 133(6) p738-748
- Ending the Epidemic: A Plan for America cdc.gov/endhiv/index.html
- CDC’s Program Guidance for National Training and CDC’s Quality Training Standards https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/funding/announcements/ps19-1904/PS19-1904-attachment-C-training-guidance.pdfpdf icon
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/external icon
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) 508-compliance guidelines https://webstandards.hhs.gov/standards/external icon
- The Plain Writing Act of 2010 https://www.cdc.gov/other/plainwriting.html
- CDC’s Clear Communications Index https://www.cdc.gov/ccindex/
- Recommendations for Partner Services Programs for HIV Infection, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydial Infection, MMWR, November 7, 2008 / Vol. 57 / No. RR-9 https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr57e1030.pdfpdf icon
- Passport to Partner Services https://www.cdc.gov/std/training/passport-partner-services.htm
- TB Interviewing Course https://www.cdc.gov/tb/education/skillscourse/default.htm
- Gaps in HIV Testing and Treatment Hinder Efforts to Stop New Infections By: NCHHSTP News Room | Published: March 18, 2019
- Hogben M, Leichliter JS. Social determinants and sexually transmitted disease disparities. Sex Transm Dis. 2008;35(12 Suppl):S13-8.
- de Voux A, Kidd S, Grey JA, et al. State-specific rates of primary and secondary syphilis among men who have sex with men—United States, 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017;66:349–54. CrossRefexternal icon PubMedexternal icon
- Cunningham PJ, Cornelius LJ. Access to ambulatory care for American Indians and Alaska Natives; the relative importance of personal and community resources. Soc Sci Med. 1995:40(3): 393-407.
- Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2017. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2018.
- Increased Methamphetamine, Injection Drug, and Heroin Use Among Women and Heterosexual Men with Primary and Secondary Syphilis — United States, 2013–2017 Weekly / February 15, 2019 / 68(6);144–148 Sarah E. Kidd, MD1; Jeremy A. Grey, PhD1; Elizabeth A. Torrone, PhD1; Hillard S. Weinstock, MD