STD/HIV Disease Intervention Services Training Centers (DISTC)
This web page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being updated.
Funding Opportunity Announcement
The STD/HIV Disease Intervention Services Training Centers (DISTC) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is designed to increase training capacity in order to strengthen the skills and capacity of Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) and other partner services provider staff working in or with state/local health department STD/HIV prevention programs.
Because of the changing health care environment, the roles of DIS and other partner services provider staff in the public health workforce are changing. This FOA will provide mechanisms to expand the necessary knowledge and skill sets the staff will need to meet these new roles and challenges. By the end of this five-year project period the selected grantees will achieve the following goals and outcomes:
- Increase access to relevant, quality training activities, decision tools, and resources for DIS and other partner services provider staff;
- Increase DIS and other partner services provider staff knowledge, skills and capacity to perform efficient and effective STD/HIV disease intervention services;
- Increase use of surveillance data to identify individuals for disease intervention services, including partner services and linkage to and retention in care;
- Increase DIS and other partner services provider staff workforce capacity through cross-training partnerships and leveraging resources;
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of disease intervention services including partner services, linkages to and retention in care, and outbreak responsiveness;
- Improved integration of STD/HIV public health and clinical preventive services in primary care through training in public health detailing.
FOA #CDC-RFA-PS14-1408 entitled "STD/HIV Disease Intervention Services Training Centers (DISTC)" was published on www.grants.gov on November 1, 2013.
The application deadline is January 6, 2014.
If you have questions about the DISTC FOA, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Frequently-asked questions will be added to this page.
November 1, 2013 – Publication of DISTC FOA
November 8, 2013 – DISTC FOA Webinar
December 3, 2013 – Deadline to submit questions to email@example.com
January 6, 2014 – DISTC FOA Application Deadline
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2013 (archived document)
- Content source: