New Community Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This web page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being updated.
The application period for this FOA is now closed. This information is for historical and educational purposes only.
Funding Opportunity Announcement
For the CARS cooperative agreement, CDC will work with organizations to promote sexual health, advance community wellness, influence sexual health behavior and practices, and reduce STI disparities. The new FOA provides support in the following five focus areas:
- Implementation of community engagement methods (e.g. community-based participatory research) to achieve health equity;
- Identification and implementation of systems and environmental change strategies that (a) promote sexual health and support healthy behaviors and (b) facilitate community-clinical linkages to build support for interventions to prevent and reduce STI disparities;
- Enhancement and sustainability of partnerships;
- Support for communication strategies to promote STD program successes and leverage additional resources for STI control and prevention; and
- Evaluation of the efficacy of this approach and intervention implementation.
Letter of Intent Deadline March 17, 2014
Application Closing Deadline April 10, 2014
Webinar: Community Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases FOA - March 6th - View Recording and slides
- Page last reviewed: March 7, 2014 (archived document)
- Content source: