Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request a speaker?
Simply go on line and complete the speaker request form. For additional information on how to request a speaker, please visit our Request a Speaker page.
How far in advance should I request a speaker?
All requests should be submitted at least 6-8 weeks prior to your event date.
Am I guaranteed to have a speaker for my event?
No. We make every attempt to fill all requests; however, Speakers Bureau participants are volunteers and my not be available for all events.
Do I have to pay a fee or honoraria for a speaker?
No. This is a free service.
Who is responsible for paying travel expenses?
It is customary for the host organization to pay travel expenses.
Does the Speakers Bureau have a list of topics that I can choose from?
Are there any events not entitled to receive Speakers Bureau services?
Yes. Speakers cannot participate in events for the purpose of fundraising, promotions, or any type of endorsements.
- Page last reviewed: August 7, 2012
- Page last updated: October 3, 2012
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of Public Affairs
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.