Important Safety Requirements for Visitors
- Complete symptom screening before departing for a CDC facility. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours, you should not access a CDC facility:
- fever or chills
- new or unexplained onset of cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- new or unexplained loss of taste or smell
- new or unexplained muscle aches
Visitors can voluntarily use the CDC COVID-19 Facility Access Tool on their mobile device OR use the alternative paper form at the visitor check-in area to determine if they should access a CDC facility. Visitors will need to request a waiver in advance through their CDC host if they do not meet symptom screening criteria. Hosts must inform visitors that symptom screening can be self-conducted and does not need to be verified by agency personnel.
- Show a government-issued ID*
- Sign the CDC Visitor COVID-19 Reporting Notice Form, indicating you agree to report if you test positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of your visit. Your host will also need to sign the form. The form will be made available at the visitor check-in area.
- Wear a mask while in CDC-owned and -leased facilities when the COVID-19 community level in the county where the facility is located is HIGH OR if any of the following are true:
*Visitors who are non-U.S. citizens have additional requirements that need to be met in advance of their visit. Please contact your CDC host for more information.
There are limited circumstances when visitors do not need to sign the CDC Visitor COVID-19 Reporting Notice Form. This includes:
- Visitors to the David J. Sencer CDC Museum
- Delivery personnel who remain outside at CDC warehouses or loading docks (they do not enter CDC-controlled space)
- Delivery personnel who are escorted by CDC Security or other site officials who do not enter CDC-controlled space for more than 15 minutes
- Mail and package delivery personnel who spend less than 15 minutes inside CDC-controlled space
- Visitors to the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Office (Corporate Square, Building 11 in Atlanta)
- Visitors to federal credit union locations at the Roybal and Chamblee campuses