This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Interim Domestic Guidance on the Use of Respirators to Prevent Transmission of SARS (May 6, 2003)
Guidelines for health-care workers.
- Understanding Respiratory Protection Against SARS
Q & A about respirators & SARS, including what types of respiratory protection should be used by health-care workers & others to protect against SARS
- NIOSH-Approved Disposable Particulate Respirators (Filtering Facepieces)
List of respirators approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) for health-care workers to use to help protect themselves from diseases potentially spread through the air, such as SARS or tuberculosis.
- TB Respiratory Protection Program In Health Care Facilities: Administrator’s Guide
Information is specific to tuberculosis but also provides useful information on respirators, including types used to protect healthcare workers who may be exposed to SARS.
- User Seal Check, Fit-Test, and Issue Respirators
Infection control practices for infectious disease in healthcare settings.
- Protect Yourself Against Tuberculosis—A Respiratory Protection Guide for Health Care Workers
Information is specific to tuberculosis but also provides useful information on respirators including types used to protect healthcare workers who may be exposed to SARS.
- Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Facilities, 1994
MMWR 1994 Oct 28;43(RR13):1-132. Comprehensive guidelines specific to Mycobacterium tuberculosis but relevant to SARS.
- WHO: Guidelines for the Prevention of Tuberculosis in Health Care Facilities in Resource-Limited SettingsExternal
World Health Organization (WHO) 1999. Guidelines for healthcare facilities in developing countries.
Page last reviewed: May 3, 2005