Salmonella Infections Linked to Alfalfa Sprouts from One Contaminated Seed Lot (Final Update)
This outbreak appears to be over. However, sprouts are known to cause foodborne illness and outbreaks. More information about steps to reduce your risk of getting sick from eating sprouts is available on the Advice to Consumers page.
- KDHE News Release: Five Kansans Ill from Salmonella Linked to SproutsExternal
- FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Muenchen Linked to Alfalfa Sprouts Produced by Sweetwater FarmsExternal
- Sprouts: What You Should KnowExternal
- Hold the Raw Sprouts, PleaseExternal
- CDC Foodborne Outbreaks website
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness