Key Resources (Final Update)
Multistate Outbreak of Drug-Resistant Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Raw, Frozen, Stuffed Chicken Entrees Produced by Barber Foods
This outbreak appears to be over. However, the recalled frozen chicken products have a long shelf life and may still be in people’s freezers. Consumers unaware of the recall could continue to eat the products and potentially get sick. Read the Advice to Consumers.
This outbreak was not connected with an outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis infections linked to raw, frozen, stuffed chicken entrees produced by Aspen Foods and sold under many different brands.
- Omaha Steaks Announces Recall of Stuffed Chicken BreastsExternal
- Barber Foods Recalls Stuffed Chicken Products Due to Possible Salmonella Enteritidis ContaminationExternal
- FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Frozen Raw Stuffed Chicken Products Due To Possible Salmonella ContaminationExternal
- Minnesota Department of Health: Salmonella cases linked to raw, frozen, stuffed chicken productsExternal
- CDC Food Safety Prevention and Education