Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Jule’s Cashew Brie
- Illnesses: 20
- Hospitalizations: 5
- Deaths: 0
- States: 4
- Recall: Yes
- Investigation status: Closed
Always follow these four food safety steps to prevent getting sick from Salmonella:
- Clean: Wash your hands, utensils, and surfaces often.
- Separate: Keep food that won’t be cooked separate from raw meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Cook: Use a food thermometer to make sure you have cooked your food to a temperature high enough to kill germsexternal icon.
- Chill: Refrigerate perishable food (food that goes bad) within 2 hours. If the outside temperature is hotter than 90°F, refrigerate within 1 hour. Thaw food in the refrigerator, not on the counter.