This outbreak appears to be over. CDC recommends that consumers, restaurants, and retailers choose and handle fruit safely to help prevent foodborne illness. Wash hands and food preparation surfaces before and after preparing fruit. Refrigerate precut fruit at 40°F or colder.
- Caito Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Cut Melon Products Because of Possible Health RiskExternal
- FDA Investigating Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Adelaide Infections Linked to Pre-Cut MelonsExternal
- Safe and Healthy Fruits and Vegetables
- Salmonella and Food
- Solve Foodborne Outbreaks
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness