Links and References
- Aaskov JG, Mataika JU, Lawrence GW, et al, 1981. An epidemic of Ross River virus infection in Fiji, 1979. Am J Trop Med Hyg 30: 1053–59.
- Aaskov JG., Nair K, Lawrence GW, et al, 1981. Evidence for transplacental transmission of Ross River virus in humans. Med J Aust 2: 20–21.
- Aubry M, Finke J, Teissier A, et al, 2015. Silent circulation of Ross River virus in French Polynesia. Int J Infect Dis 37: 19–24.
- Aubry M, Kama M, Vanhomwegen J, et al, 2019. Ross River virus antibody prevalence, Fiji Islands, 2013–2015. Emerg Infect Dis 25: 827–830.
- Claflin SB & Webb CE, 2015. Ross River virus: Many vectors and unusual hosts make for an unpredictable pathogen. PLoS Pathog 11: e1005070.
- Doherty RL, Whitehead RH, Gorman BM, & O’Gower AK, 1963. The isolation of a third group A arbovirus in Australia, with preliminary observations on its relationship to epidemic polyarthritis. Australian Journal of Science 26: 183–184.
- Harley D, Sleigh A, & Ritchie S, 2001. Ross River virus transmission, infection, and disease: a cross-disciplinary review. Clin Microbiol Rev 14: 909–932.
- Hoad VC, Speers DJ, Keller AJ, et al, 2015. First reported case of transfusion-transmitted Ross River virus infection. Med J Aust 202: 267–270.
- Klapsing P, MacLean JD, Glaze S, et al, 2005. Ross River virus disease reemergence, Fiji, 2003–2004. Emerg Infect Dis 11: 613–615.
- Lau C, Aubry M, Musso D, et al, 2017. New evidence for endemic circulation of Ross River virus in the Pacific Islands and the potential for emergence. Int J Infect Dis 57: 73–76.
Page last reviewed: April 26, 2021