Washington D.C. Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Washington, D.C. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Coordinate public health responses (e.g., the emergency repatriation of U.S. citizens from Lebanon).
- Act as the program and agency representative at high-level meetings and workgroups in Washington (e.g., meetings with Homeland Security Council).
- Respond to reports of illness on airplanes and maritime vessels (cruise and cargo).
- Conduct tabletop exercises with local partners to ensure port and community preparedness for infectious diseases that could result in a pandemic.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments in preparedness activities about quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Review medical records of immigrants and alert state and local health departments of specific medical conditions requiring evaluation or treatment.
- Conduct training for local partners regarding migrant health-related processing and emergency preparedness.
- Assist local agriculture officers to screen international cargo and hand-carried items for potential vectors of human infectious disease.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- Washington-Dulles International Airport: 3.5 million
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport: 350,000
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: 200,000
- 323,174 international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
(703) 661-1320 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET
P.O. Box 20081
Washington, DC 20041