San Juan Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in San Juan. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Puerto Rico and the U. S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John).
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and maritime vessels (cruise and cargo) at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Monitor importations of animals, human products, and vectors that may pose a threat to human health.
- Partner with federal agencies, state and local health departments, medical providers, hospitals, and organizations in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Raise awareness among the port community about communicable diseases, and train staff on public health issues that impact a globally mobile population.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- San Juan, Luis Munoz Marin International Airport: 480,000
- Saint Thomas, Cyril E. King Airport: 1,700
- St. Thomas: 1.7 million international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
- San Juan: 1.5 million international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
(787) 253-7880 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
Luis Muñoz Marín
Terminal D–Third Floor
CDC San Juan Quarantine Station
P.O. Box 37197
San Juan, PR 00937-0197