San Francisco Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in San Francisco. The station’s jurisdiction includes the 47 counties of Northern California as well as the state of Wyoming.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and cruise and cargo vessels at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments regarding emergency response, migrant health, and other public health issues.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- San Francisco International Airport: 5.1 million
- San Jose Mineta International Airport: 177,000
- Oakland International Airport: 104,000
- 144,000 international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
(650) 876-2872 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 7:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. PT
CDC San Francisco Quarantine Station
P.O. Box 280548
San Francisco, CA 94128-0548