Philadelphia Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Philadelphia. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and maritime vessels (cruise and cargo), at international ports of entry in jurisdiction.
- Partner with local and state health departments and federal agencies in preparedness activities on quarantine and isolation at ports of entry, such as the North American Pandemic Influenza Plan.
- Partner with local and state health departments on emergency response, migrant health, and other public health issues.
- Conduct tabletop exercises with local partners to ensure port and community preparedness for infectious diseases that could result in a pandemic.
- Review medical records of immigrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Assist federal agriculture officers in screening international cargo and hand-carried items for potential vectors of human infectious disease.
- Train airport and maritime partners about illness reporting and response.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- Philadelphia International Airport: 2 million
- Pittsburgh International Airport: 77,000
- 27,000 international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
(215) 365-6401 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET
Tuesday – Thursday, 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET
Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET
Saturday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET
Philadelphia International Airport
Terminal A West, 3rd Floor
International Arrivals, c/o CBP
Philadelphia, PA 19153