Newark Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or email@example.com.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Newark. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports of entry in New Jersey.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on aircraft and maritime vessels (cruise and cargo) at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions that need evaluation and treatment.
- Partner with federal agencies, local and state health departments, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Conduct training for local and state partners about migrant health-related processing, and partner on emergency response.
- Respond to immigration emergencies or threats posed by emerging diseases.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- Newark International Airport: 5.8 million
(973) 368-6200 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 5:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. ET
CDC Newark Quarantine Station
52 Terminal B
Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark, NJ 07114