New York Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) operates a quarantine station in New York City (NYC). The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in New York, Connecticut, and Vermont, as well as the U.S.-Canadian land border crossings in New York and Vermont.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness on airplanes, maritime vessels (cruise and cargo), and at land border crossings.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with infectious tuberculosis and other communicable diseases.
- Partner with other federal agencies and local and state health departments in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Collaborate on binational border projects.
- Coordinate binational case detection, notification, and investigation with state and local health departments and border protection agencies.
- Conduct public health research.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- John F. Kennedy International Airport: 14 million
- La Guardia International Airport: 882,000
- 753,000 international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
Major Land Border Crossings
Number of travelers
- Buffalo-Niagara Falls: 12.5 million
- Champion-Rouses Point: 3 million
- Massena: 1.7 million
(718) 553-1685 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.–11:30 p.m. ET
CDC New York Quarantine Station
JFK International Airport
Terminal 4, Room 219.016
2nd Floor, East Concourse
Jamaica, NY 11430-1081