Los Angeles Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or email@example.com.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Los Angeles. The station’s jurisdiction includes Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and all the following counties in Southern California (excluding the U.S.-Mexico border counties): Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Inyo, and Kern.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and cruise and cargo vessels at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments of any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments regarding emergency response, migrant health, and other public health issues.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- Los Angeles International Airport: 7.1 million
- McCarran Las Vegas International Airport: 650,000
- Denver International Airport: 1.3 million
- Salt Lake City International Airport: 484,000
Number of international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
- Los Angeles, CA: 688,067
(310) 215-2365 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. PT
CDC Los Angeles Quarantine Station
380 World Way, Box N-19 380
Los Angeles, CA 90045
FedEx Express only:
Tom Bradley International Terminal
Public Information Office (PIO desk)
Bureau of Customs and Border Protection
Los Angeles, CA 90045