Houston Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or email@example.com.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Houston. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in East Texas (Health Districts 4–7) and Louisiana.
The Houston Quarantine Station also covers the entire Texas coastline for any maritime issues.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cargo vessels, and other conveyances at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of immigrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer immigrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Dispense immunobiologics and investigational drugs upon requests made to CDC.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport: 4.5 million
- Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport: 4.4 million
- Lambert International Airport: 26,500
Number of international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
- Galveston, TX: 1,388,993
- New Orleans, LA: 674,099
- Houston, TX: 143,865
281-982-9074 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT
CDC Houston Quarantine Station
P.O. Box 60366
Houston, TX 77205
eFax: (404) 420-2290
Fax: (281) 982-9079