Detroit Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Detroit. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports of entry in Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. This includes the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, and the U.S.-Canada land border in Michigan. Also included are the two international cargo facilities in Kentucky for United Parcel Service and DHL Global.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death at land borders and on airplanes and other conveyances at international ports of entry.
- Partner with federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in activities related to preparedness, border health, and quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Engage with our public health partners for emergency public health and bioterrorism response.
- Conduct training and education for key partners.
- Inspect animals, animal products, cargo, and human remains that pose a potential threat to human health.
- Screen cargo and hand-carried items for potential vectors of human infectious diseases.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
Major Land Border Crossings (Michigan)
Number of travelers
(734) 955-6197 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET
CDC Detroit Quarantine Station
Detroit Metropolitan Airport
2613 World Gateway Place
McNamara Terminal, Bldg. 830
Detroit, MI 48242