Chicago Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Chicago. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cargo vessels, and other conveyances at international ports of entry within jurisdiction, including the water ports in the southern part of Lake Michigan (e.g., Chicago, Burns Harbor, Milwaukee).
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with infectious tuberculosis and other communicable diseases.
- Partner with other federal agencies and local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments on emergency response, migrant health, and communicable disease.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
(773) 894-2960 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 6:45 a.m. – 10:45 p.m. CT
CDC Chicago Quarantine Station
O’Hare International Airport
AMC O’Hare, POB 66012
Chicago, IL 60666-0012