Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- CDC's Prestigious Public Health Associate Program Has Opened Its Application Period!1/22/2020 3:28:00 PMThe Public Health Associate Program is a CDC-funded training program for recent graduates with bachelor's or master's degrees. It offers frontline public health experience at health agencies, nongovernmental organizations, public health institutes and associations, academic institutions, and CDC quarantine stations across the country and US territories. The application period to become a public health associate is open January 22-28, 2020.
- CDC Grand Rounds-The Emerging Role of Pathogen Genomics in Public Health 1/17/2020 3:50:00 PMAdvanced molecular detection (AMD) integrates the latest next-generation genomic sequencing technologies with bioinformatics and epidemiology expertise to help us find, track, and stop disease-causing pathogens faster than ever. Watch CDC Public Health Grand Rounds live on Facebook January 21 at 1:00 pm (EST) to learn more.
- APHA Event-All Hands on Deck: Improving Community Health1/16/2020 10:24:00 AMIn partnership with the de Beaumont Foundation and AcademyHealth, the American Public Health Association's (APHA's) Policy Action Institute is hosting "All Hands on Deck: Improving Community Health," on February 12, 2020, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm (EST). Attendees will hear from public health leaders about the social determinants of health-access to care, education, transportation, environment, immigration/citizenship, discrimination and income inequality. Visit APHA's website to learn more and register.
- Health Advisory: Outbreak of Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology in Wuhan, China1/9/2020 8:52:00 AMCDC has released a health advisory announcing the agency's close monitoring of a reported cluster of pneumonia of unknown etiology with possible epidemiologic links to a large wholesale fish and live animal market in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Currently, there are no known US cases, nor have cases been reported in countries other than China. CDC has issued a level 1 travel notice ("practice usual precautions") for this destination.
- Call for Abstracts - Public Health Improvement Training 1/8/2020 5:02:00 PMThe National Network of Public Health Institutes is seeking workshop abstracts for the 20th annual Public Health Improvement Training (PHIT). Hosted in collaboration with CDC's Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support and other national partners, PHIT is a skills-based training experience, offering three days of interactive, hands-on sessions, intensive peer sharing and learning, and focused networking opportunities for public health professionals. Submit an abstract by January 22.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: January 10, 2020
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support