Have You Heard? Facts from the Field
Have You Heard? Facts from the Field is a feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local, and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
March 21, 2017
The CityHealth initiative released its first-ever health policy assessment of our nation’s 40 largest cities, analyzing each city across 9 policy areas proven to make a lasting impact on health and well-being.
- Los Angeles was awarded a gold medal and recognized for its restaurant grading system, setting a gold standard for retail food grading systems.
- Chicago, the only Midwestern city recognized with a gold medal, gained high marks for setting stringent indoor air quality policies, curbing young adult tobacco use, and ensuring safe transportation of all kinds.
- Boston also took top honors, earning high marks in 5 policy areas, showcasing its work toward becoming a healthy city for all residents.
Check out our sister product!
Did You Know? is a weekly CDC feature to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about Have You Heard?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: March 21, 2017
- Page last updated: August 16, 2017
- Content source: