Appropriations Process & Materials
CDC’s Office of Financial Resources (OFR), formerly known as the Financial Management Office (FMO), provides leadership, direction, and guidance in matters regarding CDC/ATSDR financial resources. Below is information about CDC budget submissions (Congressional Justifications), appropriations and budget hearings, performance, and background materials on the budget and legislative process.
Office of Management and Budget
As the implementation and enforcement arm of presidential policy government-wide, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) carries out its mission through five critical processes that are essential to the President’s ability to plan and implement priorities across the Executive Branch:
- Budget development and execution, a significant government-wide process managed from the Executive Office of the President and a mechanism by which the President implements decisions, policies, priorities, and actions in all areas (e.g. economic recovery, healthcare, energy policy, national security)
- Management and oversight of agency performance, federal procurement, financial management, and information/IT (including paperwork reduction, privacy, and security)
- Coordination and review of all significant federal regulations by executive agencies to reflect Presidential priorities and to ensure that economic and other impacts are assessed as part of regulatory decision-making, along with review and assessment of information collection requests
- Legislative clearance and coordination (review and clearance of all agency communications with Congress, including testimony and draft bills) to ensure consistency of agency legislative views and proposals with Presidential policy
- Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda to agency heads and officials, which are the mechanisms by which the President directs specific government-wide actions by Executive Branch officials
- US House of Representatives’ Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Also known as Labor-HHS-Education, this subcommittee oversees appropriations for Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Operational Divisions, including CDC.
- US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions
Also known as HELP, this committee oversees appropriations for HHS Operational Divisions, including CDC.