Did You Know? is a feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
- The rate of new hepatitis B virus infections has increased since 2014, likely due to rising rates of injection drug use.
- Getting vaccinated helps prevent infection with the hepatitis B virus; chronic infection can lead to serious liver problems.
- Healthcare professionals can follow new recommendations for a 2-dose hepatitis B vaccine for adults, which provides another option to the existing 3-dose series.
- According to data available on AtlasPlus, more than 1,520,000 cases of chlamydia, nearly 400,000 cases of gonorrhea, and nearly 24,000 cases of syphilis were reported to CDC in 2015.
- The updated AtlasPlus provides easy access to the latest national, state, and county data on HIV, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted infections, and tuberculosis.
- Use the AtlasPlus online tool to create charts, tables, and maps; look at trends; and see community-specific tools.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.