Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
January 11, 2019
- Participation in cardiac rehabilitation after a cardiac-related event or procedure improves quality of life, reduces the risk of hospital readmission, and lowers the risk of death.
- Increasing cardiac rehabilitation rates from 20% to 70% would save 25,000 lives and prevent 180,000 hospitalizations in the United States each year.
- Public health professionals can help spread awareness about the importance of cardiac rehabilitation and implement systems and strategies to improve care for patients.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 11, 2019
- Page last updated: January 11, 2019
- Content source: