Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
February 15, 2019
- In 2018, 4.9 million middle- and high-school students used tobacco products in 2018—up from 3.6 million in 2017—according to the latest Vital Signs report.
- Use of any tobacco product—including e-cigarettes—by youth is unsafe, and nearly all tobacco product use begins in adolescence.
- Public health professionals can help implement population-based strategies to protect young people from the dangers of tobacco, including restricting youth access to tobacco products.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: February 15, 2019
- Page last updated: February 15, 2019
- Content source: