Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
- Physically active children tend to have better grades, attention, attendance, and classroom behaviors.
- All children ages 6–17 should get 60 minutes or more Cdc-pdf[PDF-13.5MB]External of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily.
- Communities can increase students’ physical activity by making it safer and easier for students to walk or bike to school using active travel-to-school interventions featured in The Community GuideExternal and CDC’s Health Impact in 5 Years.
- A new surveillance summary Cdc-pdf[PDF-2.5MB] shows that nearly all (96%) Legionnaires’ disease patients need care in a hospital.
- Public health investigations into Legionnaires’ disease cases and outbreaks require special skill sets across multiple disciplines.
- Public health professionals and others involved in water management programs can take a new trainingExternal to learn how to reduce the risk for Legionnaires’ disease.
- Participation in cardiac rehabilitation after a cardiac-related event or procedure improves quality of life, reduces the risk of hospital readmission, and lowers the riskExternal of death.
- Increasing cardiac rehabilitation ratesExternal from 20% to 70% would save 25,000 lives and prevent 180,000 hospitalizations in the United States each year.
- Public health professionals can help spread awarenessExternal about the importance of cardiac rehabilitation and implement systems and strategiesExternal to improve care for patients.
- CDC established 8 science-based standards and created a checklist Cdc-pdf[PDF-94KB] to help you develop or identify quality public health training products.
- CDC TRAIN, CDC’s online learning management system, has a Quality Training filterExternal to help you easily find public health courses that meet all 8 standards.
- Public health professionals can visit CDC Learning Connection’s website and sign upExternal for the monthly e-newsletter to stay up to date on quality trainings from CDC, other federal agencies, and federally funded partners.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.