Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
- 1 in 20 patients will get an infection during medical care in hospitals.
- CDC is working toward the elimination of healthcare-associated infections.
- You can play an important role in your state to reduce HAIs. CDC has guidelines to help implement the HHS Action Plan for HAI preventionExternal and NHSN to track prevention progress.
- 10% to 43% of adults in counties across the United States report no leisure-time physical activity. How physically active is your community?
- Zoning can be used to address this health issue by supporting sidewalks, parks and recreation.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services recommends communities create or enhance opportunities for physical activityExternal.
- Text4babyExternal is a tool that provides health reminders and tips for pregnant women and new moms.
- The National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies CoalitionExternal aims to connect one million pregnant women and new mothers with text4baby by 2012.
- The National Women’s Health Information CenterExternal provides evidence-informed strategies to improve maternal and infant health.
- 77% of your sodium intake comes from eating processed or restaurant foods.
- The Vital Signs town hall teleconference on February 8th highlighted sodium reduction initiatives and other strategies to prevent the leading cause of death.
- New dietary guidelinesExternal were released by USDA and HHS on January 31, 2011.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.