Listed below are those studies related to EPIC published to date. More will be added as they become available.
- Stockmann C, Ampofo K, Killpack J, Williams DJ, Edwards KM., Grijalva C, et al., Procalcitonin accurately identifies hospitalized children with low risk of bacterial community-acquired pneumonia. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2017 Feb 3. doi: 10.1093/jpids/piw091. [Epub ahead of print]: https://academic.oup.com/jpids/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/jpids/piw091/2966998/Procalcitonin-Accurately-Identifies-Hospitalized?redirectedFrom=fulltextExternal
- Harris AM, Bramley AM, Jain S, Arnold SA, Ampofo K, Self W, et al. Influence of Antibiotics on the Detection of Bacteria by Culture-Based and Culture-Independent Diagnostic Tests in Patients Hospitalized With Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Open Forum Infect Dis. (2017) 4 (1): ofx014.DOI:https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofx014External
- Self WH, Wunderink RG, Williams DJ, Zhu Y, Anderson EJ, Balk RA et al. Staphylococcus aureus community-acquired pneumonia: prevalence, clinical characteristics, and outcomesExternal. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 May 8. pii: ciw300. [Epub ahead of print]
- Diaz MH, Cross KE, Benitez AJ, Hicks LA, Kutty P, Bramley AM, et al. Identification of Bacterial and Viral Codetections With Mycoplasma pneumoniae Using the TaqMan Array Card in Patients Hospitalized With Community-Acquired PneumoniaExternal. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2016 Mar 30;3(2):ofw071. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofw071. eCollection 2016 Mar.
- Self WH, Williams DJ, Zhu Y, Ampofo K, Pavia AT, Chappell JD, et al. Respiratory Viral Detection in Children and Adults: Comparing Asymptomatic Controls and Patients With Community-Acquired PneumoniaExternal J Infect Dis. DOI: 10.1093/infdis/jiv323
- Jain S, Self WH, Wunderink RG, Fakhran S, Balk R, Bramley AM, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia requiring hospitalization among U.S. adultsExternal. N Engl J Med. 2015; 373:415-427 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa.1500245
- Press-Release: New CDC study highlights burden of pneumonia hospitalizations on U.S. adults (Tuesday, July 14, 2015)
- Jain S, Williams DJ, Arnold SR, Ampofo K, Bramley AM, Reed C, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia requiring hospitalization among U.S. childrenExternal. N Engl J Med. 2015;372:835-45. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa.1405870
- Press-Release: New CDC study highlights burden of pneumonia hospitalizations on U.S. children (Wednesday, February 25, 2015)
- Oboho IK, Bramley AM, Finelli L, Fry AM, Ampofo KA, Arnold SR, et al., Oseltamivir use among children and adults hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 4(1):ofw254. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofw254External.
- Williams DJ, Zhu Y, Grijalva C, Self WH, Harrell FE, Reed C, et al. Predicting Severe Pneumonia Outcomes in ChildrenExternal. Pediatrics. 2016 October DOI: 10.1542/peds.2016-1019
- Havers F, Bramley AM, Finelli L, Reed C, Self WH, Trabue C, et al. Statin Use and Hospital Length of Stay Among Adults Hospitalized With Community-acquired PneumoniaExternal. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Jun 15;62(12):1471-8. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciw174. Epub 2016 May 10.
- Self WH, Grijalva CG, Williams DJ, Woodworth A, Balk RA, Fakhran S, et al. Procalcitonin as an Early Marker of the Need for Invasive Respiratory or Vasopressor Support in Adults with Community-Acquired PneumoniaExternal. Chest. 2016 April 20. pii: S0012-3692(16)48560-0. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2016.04.010. [Epub ahead of print]
- Millman AJ, Finelli L, Bramley AM, Peacock G, Williams DJ, Arnold SR, et al. Community-Acquired Pneumonia Hospitalization among Children with Neurologic DisordersExternal. J Pediatr. 2016 Jun;173:188-195.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2016.02.049. Epub 2016 Mar 23
- Grijalva CG, Zhu Y, Williams DJ, Self WH, Ampofo K, Pavia AT. et al. Association Between Hospitalization With Community-Acquired Laboratory-Confirmed Influenza Pneumonia and Prior Receipt of Influenza VaccinationExternal. JAMA. 2015 Oct 13;314(14):1488-97. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.12160.
- Grijalva CG, Wunderink RG, Zhu Y, Williams DJ, Balk R, Fakhran S, et al. In-hospital Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccination is Associated with Detection of Pneumococcal Vaccine Serotypes in Adults Hospitalized for Community-acquired PneumoniaExternal. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2015 Sep 19;2(4):ofv135. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofv135. eCollection 2015.
- Ahn A, Edwards KM, Grijalva CG, Self WH, Zhu Y, Chappell JD, et al. Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Illness Severity among Children Hospitalized with PneumoniaExternal. J Peds. 2015; DOI: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2015.06.049
- Williams DJ, Edwards KM, Self WH, Zhu Y, Ampofo K, Pavia AT, et al. Antibiotic Choice for Children Hospitalized With Pneumonia and Adherence to National GuidelinesExternal. Pediatrics. 2015 June 22. DOI: 10.1542/peds.2014-3047
- In the News: Vanderbilt-led multi-center study looks at antibiotic choice for treating childhood pneumoniaExternal (Wednesday, June 22, 2015)
- Wolf RB, Edwards K, Grijalva CG, Self WH, Zhu Y, Chappell J, et al. Time to clinical stability as a severity outcome measure amoung children hospitalized with pneumonia.External J Hosp Med. 2015 June;10(6):380-3. DOI: 10.1002/jhm.2370
- Zhang Y, Sakthivel SK, Bramley A, Jain S, Haynes A, Chappell JD, et al. Serology Enhances Molecular Diagnosis of Respiratory Virus Infections Other than Influenza in Children and Adults Hospitalized with Community-Acquired PneumoniaExternal. J Clin Microbiol. 2016 Dec 28;55(1):79-89. doi: 10.1128/JCM.01701-16. Print 2017 Jan.
- Wolff BJ, Bramley AM, Thurman KA, Whitney CG, Whitaker B, Self WH, et al. Improved Detection of Respiratory Pathogens by Use of High-Quality Sputum with TaqMan Array Card TechnologyExternal. J Clin Microbiol. 2016 Dec 28;55(1):110-121. doi: 10.1128/JCM.01805-16. Print 2017 Jan.
- Pettigrew MM, Gent JF, Kong Y, Wade M, Gansebom S, Bramley AM, et al. Association of sputum microbiota profiles with severity of community-acquired pneumonia in childrenExternal. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2016;16:317. DOI 10.1186/s12879-016-1670-4.
- Flygare S, Simmon K, Miller C, Qiao Y, Kennedy B, Di Sera T, et al. Taxonomer: an interactive metagenomics analysis portal for universal pathogen detection and host mRNA expression profilingExternal. Genome Biol. 2016 May 26;17(1):111. DOI: 10.1186/s13059-016-0969-1.
- Diaz MH, Benitez AJ, Cross KE, Hicks LA, Kutty P, Bramley AM et al. Molecular Detection and Characterization of Mycoplasma pneumoniae among Patients Hospitalized with Community-Acquired Pneumonia in the United StatesExternal Open Forum Infect Dis. 2015 Jul 16;2(3):ofv106. e Collection 2015.
Page last reviewed: October 7, 2015
Content source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases