New 2017 Compendium!
The National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians released an updated Compendium of Measures to Control Chlamydia psittaci Infection Among Humans (Psittacosis) and Pet Birds (Avian Chlamydiosis). View the Compendium and related resources.
- Clinical Features
- Etiologic Agent
- Risk Groups
- Characterize new and rapid diagnostic tests for human and avian psittacosis, and determine value of screening flocks for avian psittacosis to prevent human infection.
- Chlamydophila psittaci: Pathogen Safety Data Sheet — Infectious Substances, Public Health Agency of Canada, April 2013.
- National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians. Compendium of Measures To Control Chlamydophila psittaci Infection Among Humans (Psittacosis) and Pet Birds (Avian Chlamydiosis), 2017 [22 pages].
- Case report forms and other resources are available from the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians.
- Kuo CC, Stephens RS, Bavoil PM, Kaltenboeck B. Genus Chlamydia Jones, Rake and Stearns 1945, 55. In Krieg NR, Staley JT, Brown DR, et al., editors. 2nd ed. Bergey’s Manual of Systematic Bacteriology: Volume 4. New York (NY): Springer-Verlag; 2011:846–65.
- Sachse K, Bavoil PM, Kaltenboeck B, et al. Emendation of the family Chlamydiaceae: Proposal of a single genus, Chlamydia, to include all currently recognized species. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2015;38(2):99–103.
- Page last reviewed: July 7, 2016
- Page last updated: June 29, 2017
- Content source: