BE Active: Connecting Routes + Destinations
Implementing the Built Environment Recommendation to Increase Physical Activity
Land Use and Environmental Design
- Everyday destinations are places people can get to from where they live by walking, bicycling, or public transit. This can include grocery stores, schools, worksites, libraries, parks, restaurants, cultural and natural landmarks, or healthcare facilities. They are often desirable, useful, and attractive.
- Components to consider for intervention include:
- Mixed land use.
- Increased residential density.
- Community or neighborhood proximity.
- Parks and recreational facility access.
- Page last reviewed: August 28, 2018
- Page last updated: August 28, 2018
- Content source: