ACT: Action Planning Guide
The Action Planning Guide is designed to inform steps of the action planning process specific to improving community built environments for physical activity, such as:
- Leveraging cross-sector commitment by identifying disciplines that should be considered for inclusion on the cross-sector team
- Understanding the community’s plans, policies, and resources for improving community built environments for physical activity to better clarify opportunities for action or engagement through completion of the Active Communities Tool: Assessment Modules
- Considering the potential actions that best align with the relevant transportation or land use planning cycle
It includes implementation resources and a section for crosscutting resource materials. For each content section, a small number of relevant resources were selected, prioritizing current, practical “how to” documents from federal agencies, national organizations, or CDC-funded partners whenever possible that are free and openly accessible to the public.
Begin by using the resources for leveraging cross-sector commitment, or skip ahead to the section that best describes your current stage of work.
- Leveraging Cross-Sector Commitment
- Understanding the Community Context to Inform Selection of Potential Actionable Areas
- Complete the Active Communities Tool: Assessment Modules
- Developing an Action Plan
- Evaluating the Impact
- Integrating Improvements into a Lasting Community-wide Effort