Operational Readiness Review
CDC’s Operational Readiness Review (ORR) is a rigorous, evidence-based assessment that evaluates state, local, and territorial planning and operational functions. Currently, the ORR primarily focuses on evaluating a jurisdiction’s ability to execute a large response requiring medical countermeasure (MCM) distribution and dispensing. The intended outcome of this assessment is to identify strengths and challenges facing preparedness programs across the nation and to identify opportunities for improvement and further technical support.
CDC developed the following resources to help prepare all 62 Public Health Emergency Preparedness recipients, as well as Cities Readiness Initiative (CRI) local planning jurisdictions, required to participate in an MCM ORR. The materials include information presented during the July 2017 ORR workshop in Atlanta.
The Operational Readiness Review Guidance provides specific information on how to complete (1) a self-assessment and (2) a review using the new ORR online data collection system. All 62 PHEP recipients as well as CRI local planning jurisdictions are required to participate in an ORR. State recipients are not only responsible for ensuring their own planning and operational function, but also for supporting their local counterparts, in addition to monitoring, tracking, and evaluating local activities.
ORR System Guides
The Operational Readiness Review (ORR) system guides provide instruction on how to use the ORR application hosted within the Data Collation and Integration for Public Health Event Response (DCIPHER) platform. The ORR online system allows users to collect valuable ORR data, streamline the review process, and facilitate dialog between ORR reviewers and those who submit ORR data and information.
- ORR System Guide for Reviewee [Link to guide]: The ORR System Guide for Reviewee provides instruction on accessing the ORR system as the reviewee to edit data, upload supportive documents, leave comments for reviewer, and submit for review.
- ORR System Guide for Reviewer [Link to guide]: The ORR System Guide for Reviewer provides instruction on accessing the ORR system as the reviewer to provide feedback on forms, review supporting documentation, and acknowledge correct completion of forms for status adjudication.
MCM Action Plan
The MCM technical assistance action plan is designed to assist PHEP recipients and CRI local planning jurisdictions in moving toward an “established” status level by June 30, 2022. The action plans focus on activities developed to address prioritized MCM planning and operational gaps identified during their most recent ORR.
ORR Presentation Slides
- MCM ORR Implementation: PHEP Directors Briefing
- Role of Emergency Management in MCM Operations
- How to Prepare for the ORR
- Conducting Local ORR Site Visits
- Critical Contact Sheet Form
- States Dispensing Planning
- Directly Funded Localities Dispensing Planning
- Territories or Freely Associated States Dispensing Planning
- Dispensing Full-scale Exercise
- Distribution Planning
- Distribution Full-scale Exercise
- State Jurisdictional Data Sheet Form
- Directly Funded Localities Jurisdictional Data Sheet
- Territories or Freely Associated States Jurisdictional Data Sheet
- Point of Dispensing Planning
- Receipt, Stage, and Store Site Survey
- ORR Post-workshop Webinar
Resources are also available on CDC’s Online Technical Resource and Assistance Center (On-TRAC).
- Page last reviewed: June 15, 2018, 12:00 AM
- Page last updated: June 15, 2018
- Content source: