Board of Scientific Counselors
The Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response Board of Scientific Counselors (BSC) is an advisory committee chartered under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. This advisory group comes together to provide advice and guidance about the public health preparedness and response activities conducted by CDC and OPHPR. The BSC is charged with:
- Advising the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Assistant Secretary for Health, the CDC Director, and the OPHPR Director concerning strategies and goals for preparedness programs and research
- Conducting peer-review of scientific programs
- Performing secondary reviews of research proposals
- Monitoring OPHPR’s overall strategic direction and focus
The BSC is managed by the Office of Science and Public Health Practice. The OPHPR Board of Scientific Counselors holds in-person meetings at the CDC in Atlanta twice a year and at least one web based meetings throughout the year.
BSC Meeting Agenda
Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Time: 2:00 – 5:00 PM (EST)
This is a public web-conference with participation limited to first 100 attendees.
- Page last reviewed: July 20, 2017
- Page last updated: July 20, 2017
- Content source: