- Chronic Disease Indicators
- Community Health Resources
- County Health Rankings and RoadmapsExternal
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Essential Public Health Services
- Healthy People 2020External
- National Public Health Performance Standards Program (NPHPSP)
- Guide to Community Preventive ServicesExternal
- Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant: A Valued Public Health Resource (2011)Cdc-pdf[PDF – 251 KB]
- Association of State and Territorial Health OfficialsExternal
- National Association of Chronic Disease DirectorsExternal
- National Association of County and City Health OfficialsExternal
- National Governors AssociationExternal
From Data to Action. New data and analysis tools that serve as resources in the promotion of policy, system, and environmental changes to improve health.
The Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) launches first national accreditation program for all public health departments.
The HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Health DisparitiesExternal was released April 2011 to promote integrated approaches, evidence-based programs, and best practices to reduce these disparities.
A Guide to Using Healthy People 2020 in Your CommunityExternal
No two public health interventions are exactly alike. But most interventions share a similar path to success—Mobilize, Assess, Plan, Implement, Track, or MAP-IT!
Task Force Releases New Recommendations and FindingsExternal
The Guide to Community Preventive Services helps you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community.