- Scholz T, Garcia HH, Kuchta R, Wich B. Update on the human broad tapeworm (Genus Diphyllobothrium) including clinical relevance. Clin Microbiol Rev 2009;22:146-60.
- Arizono N, Yamada M, Nakamura-Uchiyama F, Ohnishi K. Diphyllobothriasis associated with eating raw Pacific salmon. Emerg Infect Dis 2009;15:866–870.
- Shimizu H, Kawakatsu H, Shimizu M, et al. Diphyllobothriasis nihonkaiense: possible acquired in Switzerland from imported pacific salmon. Intern Med 2008;47:1359-62.
- Cabello FC. Aquaculture and public health. The emergence of diphyllobothriasis in Chile and the world. Rev Med Chil 2007;135:1064-71 (article in Spanish, abstract in English).
- Cabello FC. Salmon Aquaculture and Transmission of the Fish Tapeworm. Emerg Infect Dis 2007;13:169-71.
- Ruttenber AJ, Weniger BG, Sorvillo F, Murray RA, Ford SL. Diphyllobothriasis associated with salmon consumption in Pacific Coast states. Am J Trop Med Hyg 1984;33:455-9.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Diphyllobothriasis associated with salmon – United States. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1981;30:331-8.
Back To Top
- Page last reviewed: January 10, 2012
- Page last updated: January 10, 2012
- Content source: