Office of Science (OS)
The Foundation and Future of CDC Science
Promoting standards and recommended practices for quality, transparency, and utility.
- Scientific Clearance
- Knowledge Management
- Guidelines & Recommendations
- Peer Review Bulletin & Information Quality
Protecting research participants’ rights; safeguarding privacy; and ensuring ethical public health research and practice.
- Human Subjects & IRB
- OMB Paperwork Reduction Act
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Public Health Ethics
Catalyzing and advancing innovative science and technology that improves the public’s health.
- Technology & Material Transfer
- Intellectual Property Patents & Trademarks
- Academic Collaborations
- Innovation Funding
- Small Business Innovation Research
- Office of Science Strategic Plan
- CDC Data Modernization
- Technology Transfer
- Small Business Innovation Research Program
- Science Impact Framework
- Public Health Ethics Office
- CDC Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
- Public Health Grand Rounds
- Science Clips
- Genomics Knowledgebase
- CDC Stacks
- 2019 OS Annual Report pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
Identifying evidence-based applications, integrating into public health practices and programs, and informing stakeholders.
- My Family Health Portrait Tool
- Genomics Knowledge Database
Providing specialized library science services that support research, information exchange, and learning.
- Digital and Physical Collections
- Literature/Systematic Reviews
- Research Consultations and Training
- Science Clips & Literature Alerts
- Innovation Space (Virtual Reality, Supercomputer)
Serving as the agency’s scientific foundation, OS ensures CDC delivers information the world can trust.
Our office works to:
- Advance scientific strategy, innovation, and transparency,
- Provide scientific counsel,
- Ensure high scientific and ethics standards, and
- Oversee scientific reporting systems