Activity 3: Strategic Planning—The State Oral Health Plan
Infrastructure Development Tools
Overview of Development of a State Oral Health Plan
This flow chart describes the process of developing a state oral health plan, which is guided by the vision and direction of the state oral health program.
- The state oral health program directs a planning team and coordinates efforts to develop the plan with the state oral health coalition. A facilitator also may be useful for engaging the planning team and coalition in this process.
- Stakeholders discuss the development of the state oral health plan at regional or community meetings, and are involved in each succeeding step.
- The information gathered is brought to a statewide oral health summit, where committees meet to consider plan components. These committees then may be directed to write plan components.
- The state oral health program, planning team, and coalition finalize the plan. They develop a launch plan and disseminate it to key stakeholder groups, including health professionals, consumers, and policy makers. Dissemination strategies also should include working with the news media.
- The plan is evaluated for effectiveness.
Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: July 10, 2013
- Page last updated: July 10, 2013
- Content source: