Benefits and Use of NPHPS
How You Can Benefit
NPHPS helps health departments identify areas for system improvement and strengthen state and local partnerships. Using the NPHPS assessment can help ensure that health agencies can respond effectively to both day-to-day public health issues and public health emergencies. The Standards can
- Improve organizational and community communication and collaboration
- Educate participants about public health and the interconnectedness of activities
- Strengthen the diverse network of partners within state and local public health systems
- Identify strengths and weaknesses to address in quality improvement efforts
- Provide a benchmark for public health practice improvements
How You Can Use Results for Performance Improvement
The NPHPS performance assessments can help participants understand gaps between their current performance and the optimal level of performance as described by the Standards.
Results of the assessments should be incorporated into a broader planning process, such as a community health improvement process like Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP), a state health improvement process, or a local board of health strategic planning process.
- Page last reviewed: July 3, 2013
- Page last updated: July 3, 2013
- Content source: