Models of NMI Technical Assistance Available
NMI provides technical assistance as three different models: 1) onsite, 2) virtual, and 3) hybrid, which is a combination of onsite and virtual technical assistance.
- Onsite: The NMI technical assistance team travels to the PHA to provide hands-on support and consulting for several days.
- Virtual: The team provides support via web conferencing and teleconferences for PHAs that have all the necessary resources to complete the project with minimal assistance.
- Hybrid: A specific team member is assigned to the PHA to help fill knowledge or resource gaps while the PHA participates in web conferencing and teleconference trainings.
For which activities is NMI technical assistance available?
The NMI State Implementation and Technical Assistance Team works with PHA leadership, IT personnel, and epidemiology subject matter experts to assist in three areas:
- project management and business analysis;
- terminology expertise, data standards expertise, and workflow analysis; and
- technical architecture and system integration expertise.
For a complete listing of all activities supported by technical assistance, please see “Areas of NMI Technical Assistance.”
Is there a cost to PHAs for using NMI technical assistance?
No, there is no cost to PHAs for technical assistance.
- Send an email to the CDC Electronic Data Exchange inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your question or a brief description of assistance needed.