Phase II: Onboarding Steps
STEP 1: Request onboarding by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Include the name of your PHA as the first component and the specific MMG as the second component in the subject line of the email (i.e., [State]—NMI Onboarding Package for [MMG]).
STEP 3: In the email, confirm that your PHA has completed the following steps:
- Completed all required trainings (Secure Access Management System [SAMS] and MVPS).
- Set up access to the MVPS Dashboard for all necessary users.
- Identified a Data Manager role in MVPS.
- Identified a backup Data Manager role in MVPS.
- Validated that test messages have passed the Message Evaluation and Testing Service (METS) with no errors and no or limited warnings.
STEP 4: Attach to the email the completed documentation listed below:
- List of contact information and roles for the key PHA stakeholders.
- List of all NNDSS diseases that are state reportable for the MMG to be completed.
- Completed NMI Implementation Spreadsheet.
- Completed NMI Test Case Scenario Worksheetwith jurisdiction-specific data to show mappings and which elements are in the surveillance system.
STEP 5: Send the email with attachments to email@example.com.
STEP 6: Upon receipt of the PHA onboarding package, the NMI Onboarding Team will review the onboarding package and contact PHA if any required items are missing. CDC will also provide an approximate timeframe for scheduling the kickoff call.
STEP 7: Participate in onboarding kickoff call to review the onboarding process.
STEP 8: Transmit the 8–10 test messages required for the MMG.
STEP 9: Refine the message based on feedback from the onboarding team.
STEP 10: Once all issues have been addressed, CDC will email approval to start the cutover-to-production phase.
Do I need to onboard all conditions for an MMG at the same time?
Yes, to streamline the transition to sending the new HL7 case notification messages, all applicable conditions for an MMG should be onboarded at one time.
What level SAMS access do I need for the MVPS Dashboard?
Level 2 SAMS access is required for the MVPS Dashboard. If you are unsure of your current SAMS level access or would like to request level 2 access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.